Omni Diet Review
The 4 Phases of the Omni Diet:
- The Detox Phase: During this two-week phase you are detoxing your body from the processed, sugary, and salty foods we love to indulge in daily. 70% of food should be coming from plant-based foods, and 30% from protein based foods.* All sweets, carbs, unhealthy fats, and alcohol are prohibited during this phase. However, a small amount of desserts are okay, as long as they do not get out of control.
- The Pump Up Phase: This phase lasts another two weeks. The food restrictions, and allowances stay the same but the exercise levels are bumped up.
- Relax Your Way To Better Health: This phase lasts another two weeks, and your exercise routines should increase in intensity, and sleep patterns should be consistent. A little bit of flexibility within the diet is also allowed in the third phase, and they encourage 90% of the time to follow the Omni diet, while the other 10% you can eat what you wish.
- Moving Forward Phase: There is no time limit on this phase, as it is a long-term maintenance phase. Most of your calories (70% of them) should be coming from plant-based foods, and the other 30% are coming from lean proteins. Here again, there is room for cheats, as they encourage you to follow the Omni Diet 90% of the time.
Do Dieters Lose Weight On The Omni Diet?
If you follow this diet all of the way, you will lose weight.* It will not be easy, as there are many diet restrictions and changes that could leave a person feeling overwhelmed. Because you are cutting calories by avoiding unhealthy foods, and exercise is being incorporated you will see the pounds come off. There is scientific evidence that backs up the diet changes seen in the Omni Diet Program, and the book is clearly written by a professional. There have been many customer reviews saying this book has a great deal of good information, but that it most definitely is a challenge to follow and incorporate. Others felt like the book was rather confusing to read, and simply felt overwhelmed in starting such a daunting journey alone.
“I thought this diet would be easier to follow than it is. I have learned a lot about what certain foods can do to/for the body and I believe that Tana Amen is a very credible dietician but this diet is not very realistic for the average person on a limited budget.” Chris K.*
Haggis* said, “While I do like the concept of 70% veg and 30% protein, I am not completely sold with this book. She does have a lot of information as to how and why we should eat, which is great but the application of it in her recipes is not the best. If you purchase the ingredients from sprouts for the first weeks worth of recipes its going to cost you at least 170.00 and that is for the first week, but being healthy was never said to be inexpensive.” She went onto say that she had some issues with the recipes themselves, as they are made for 2,4, or 8 people each but what about just one person? Also, the author starts of by using cups and tablespoons and eventually moves to ounces which was rather hard to convert. Making the meals in advance, and spending all of the money on special ingredients is rather hard at times. If you do not have any experience in the kitchen, this diet is not for you!back to menu ↑
Is The Omni Diet Easy To Follow?
The book itself will not help you lose weight by simply reading it, as it is merely a guide not a guarantee. To implement the changes necessary to better health and weight loss, it required an entire lifestyle and diet change for at least 2 months. On top of the shock that diet changes can bring on, it is very expensive, as it requires organic meats and produce. Many people will not be able to afford to go through the Omni Diet Plan for this reason alone. Many times there are side effects when eliminating foods such as carbs and sugar from your diet. These include, and are not limited to headaches, nausea, irritability, and low energy initially. This book encourages life long diet changes, which can make it hard for a person to complete, when they are struggling at the beginning.back to menu ↑
Overall, the Omni Diet Book has valuable information for any person looking to lose weight the healthy way. It is not a quick fix diet program; it is exactly quite the opposite, as it will take months of hard work and discipline to fully implement diet changes completely. The cost of the program is rather high due to the demand of eating organic meats and veggies, which is a deal breaker for some. However the investment is only $17.00 online to try and incorporate healthy eating habits for life. Omni Diet is not for everyone, but after evaluating the risk and rewards, they seem to have the customer’s best interest in mind.
6 Month MBG
|Trim Down Club||–||–|